February 4, 2022, Santa Rosa - As the state of the pandemic continues to evolve, including with the aggressive Omicron variant, my team and I have been closely monitoring local developments and receiving updates and recommendations from Sonoma County health officials. After considering the current rate of ongoing local infections, we have decided to delay the reopening of most in-person services until Monday, February 21 at the earliest.
This decision has not been an easy one, as we know how vital our in-person support services are to our students. However, the safety of our entire SRJC community is priority number one and we want to ensure that we reopen in-person services only when it is safe to do so.
We are continuing to evaluate current conditions every week, with the intention to plan at least two weeks ahead. We will provide weekly updates about the status of in-person services until we are able to reopen as previously planned.
At this time, we plan to move forward as outlined below.
- All in-person instruction will continue as planned.
- All in-person services, including the services of SRJC Libraries, Tutorial Centers, and computer labs, will remain remote until Monday, February 21 at the earliest, with the exception of the SRJC Bookstore and Student Health Services. Any exceptions must be approved by Cabinet.
- Curbside pickup will remain available for SRJC Libraries.
- The SRJC Bookstore will remain open for curbside pickup and walk-in services for individuals who have received a wristband at a Safety Monitor station but will remain at limited capacity.
- Student Health Services will remain open to support COVID-19 testing, vaccinations and to provide other important health services by appointment.
Please note that some non-faculty employees may be required to return to campus for duties that are not related to an expansion of in-person services.
In addition to requiring that all employees, students, and volunteers coming on-site be fully vaccinated, SRJC encourages COVID-19 booster shots and testing. To schedule a booster, please contact SRJC’s Student Health Services by calling 707-527-4445. Information on COVID-19 testing is also available at the following websites:
At this time, SRJC only has the capacity for current employees and students who are taking in-person classes to receive COVID-19 vaccines, boosters, and testing through the college. We are not able to provide these services to the public.
For additional information, please visit the SRJC COVID-19 website.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we continue to adapt to the changing state of the pandemic in Sonoma County and for your support keeping SRJC and our entire college community safe.
Frank Chong, Ed.D.