April 30, 2018, Santa Rosa –Santa Rosa Junior College continues to celebrate 100 years of excellence throughout 2018. The festivities are continuing with parades, museum exhibits, athletic events, fundraisers, a picnic and more, hosted throughout the Sonoma County Junior College District (SRJCD).
Admission to most events is free of charge. Two exceptions are fundraisers:
- 100th Anniversary Celebration Dinner honoring President’s Medallion Recipient Exchange Bank, May 31, Santa Rosa Campus, sponsored by the SRJC Foundation (https://santarosajc.ejoinme.org/100thDinner)
- 7th Annual Building Community Breakfast, June 7, Petaluma Campus, sponsored by the Friends of Petaluma Campus Trust (https://santarosajc.ejoinme.org/petalumabreakfast2018)
Current ongoing events include The “Jesse Peter Multicultural Museum History Exhibit,” running through May 6 at the museum on the SRJC Santa Rosa Campus and featuring a historical look of the museum from the early 1930s to the present. The museum endures as one of the many gems of the Santa Rosa Junior College, contributing to the creative, aesthetic, and cultural development of our diverse community.
“Veritas,” a sculpture seated atop a one-hundred year time capsule, was recently unveiled in the SRJC Santa Rosa Campus quad. The project was a collaboration between SRJC students, instructor Michael McGinnis, who is a world-renowned artist and inventor, and The Engineering Club.
Other notable upcoming events include:
SRJC will participate in the Rose Parade on May 19 with 100 people representing each College decade since 1918. Those who wish to march in the parade with SRJC can contact Jay Huntington, email@example.com.
On Saturday, September 22, the Spirit of SRJC Picnic, an old-fashioned event with games, barbecue and birthday cake, will take place, on the same day as the Homecoming football game. It will be great for the entire family, and offer attendees a chance to connect with staff, alumni, and old friends. The picnic takes place from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on the Santa Rosa Campus, with free admission; the Homecoming game starts at 1:00 p.m. and takes place on the Santa Rosa High School football field. Admission to the game ranges from free, for SRJC students with ID and children under 10, to $8.00, general admission: $8.00. Information about SRJC Athletics is available at www.srjcathletics.com.
The History of Santa Rosa Junior College, a new book of photos and images representing each decade of SRJC’s history. Release date, event and location to be announced.
Additionally, a number of SRJC’s annual events feature a special 100th Anniversary theme this year. Some of these events are:
- Christopher Silva Wine and Food Classic on Saturday, July 8 at the B. Robert Burdo Culinary Center, SRJC Santa Rosa Campus. This event raises funds for the college’s wine studies and hospitality programs.
- Shone Farm Fall Festival on Saturday, October 13 at Shone Farm.
- LumaFest on Saturday, October 20 at the SRJC Petaluma Campus.
- Bear Cub Athletic Trust 100th Anniversary Golf Tournament, October (date and details to be determined). This event raises funds for SRJC student-athletes and athletic programs.
Additional information is available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. SRJC invites the community to share their own SRJC stories at srjc100.santarosa.edu/blog.