September 23, 2019, Petaluma, CA — Santa Rosa Junior College (SRJC) invites the Sonoma County community to its Petaluma campus at 680 Sonoma Mountain Parkway for its third annual Lumafest on Saturday, Oct. 19, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. This educational fair and open house will once again occur in partnership with Petaluma’s citywide El Día de los Muertos celebration.
Lumafest is an opportunity for the entire community to reconnect with SRJC Petaluma’s many offerings. Children will be introduced to the excitement of higher education, adults can learn about new and compelling career paths, and all can explore the college's many academic, cultural and student life offerings, within the context of El Día de los Muertos traditions. Parking and admission are free; the event is all-weather; no pets are allowed.
Event highlights include:
- El Día de los Muertos celebrations, such as:
- sugar skull decorating
- tissue paper flower making
- Aztec dancing
- Petaluma-based Folklórico Paquiyollotzin
- a showing of the Disney film ‘Coco’
- A variety of food for purchase from local food truck vendors
- Zumba Session
- Cuddle Shuttle - North Bay Animal Services
- Jumpy houses
- Face painting
- Arts and crafts
- A family obstacle course
- Sonoma County Bookmobile
- A chemistry magic show
- Introductions to Petaluma’s academic offerings, sustainability efforts and athletic programs
- Library and gallery tours
- An open house for the new Veterinary Technician certificate program, including visits with live, exotic animals
Information on activities, performances, and more is available at lumafest.santarosa.edu.